HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Lennox G26Q4/5-100-1 furnace does not light the pilot light…

Customer Question
Lennox G26Q4/5-100-1 furnace does...

Lennox G26Q4/5-100-1 furnace does not light the pilot light or make any kind of spark, changed out the intermittent spark control unit, no help... thinking maybe the gas valve is not responding to the controller input

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The combustion fan runs fine and the switch works because the control unit powers up, the overheat switch is functioning

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/2/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What is the flash sequence on the control board LED's

There is an led that comes on when the combustion fan sensor gets actuated, it then is steady for 85seconds while it try’s to light the pilot light with an electronic spark, if the pilot lights, the pilot sensor sends signal, the main gas valve opens and the furnace lights off and runs, if that does not happen, the control goes into a blinking led light ... for an hr then it will try again... my led light does this.
I hear no spark, I smell no gas

Service manual for this model shows HSI (hot surface igniter) not pilot with igition electrode. Your assumption that the draft switch is functioing is questionable. Try this, wait until the draft fan starts up then jump the 2 leads on the draft switch. Does the igniter initialize?

Since I am looking at the unit and it is NOT a HSI system, it seems questionable that I should do what you ask... you may be giving me bad info based on a different system. I believe the draft switch is working because until the switch actuated there is no led light on the ignition module. Response?

All I said was that's what the manual shows. Draft presure switch function is standard no matter the ignition type. Can you provide a clear pic of the wiring diagram of this unit?

Click on the link below for info on posting pics here

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Neither one is the wiring diagram. It's usually pasted to the bcak of the blower compartment access panel. Did you try jumping out the draft switch? do you have a multi-meter?

I am not currently in front of the furnace, all I have with me were those photos. Yes I have a multi meter (and know how to use it) but until we are on the same make and model number I don’t think you can help me

I can't help without a wiring diagram. There is brief mention of your config at the end of the manual but no wiring diagram. I also can't help you unless you're onsite

Good bye

bye