HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Burnham boiler will not start. It was way over filled. I…

Customer Question
Burnham boiler will not...

Burnham boiler will not start. It was way over filled. I have drained mostly clean water out. Site glass is two inches empty. Red light on black box comes on when I switch the unit on. Other units in the basement have a green light on.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Thermostat seems to have good battery life

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/1/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, so far it sounds like you have a steam radiator system, can you confirm that so I can be sure. Sight glass should run about half way for a steam boiler system, the proper levels well be marked on the side of the boiler, hi and low as a rule.

I need the full model number of the boiler and I need to know if if it is gas or oil fired.

We can go from there

Gas fired
PINS4SNS-ME2

Thanks, ***** ***** number is ***** computing, about how old is the boiler, and what device has the green lights on it? If the green lights are on a zone controller or Taco relay, I need the model number of it.... and I need photo's of the wiring diagram glued to the controls cover on the boiler and the zone controller, photos must be close up and exceedingly well focused, we can go from there.

You can attach photo's here using the 'add files' link next to your send button

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer