HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Lennox furnace, but sure if the furnace is lit. My

I have a Lennox furnace...
I have a Lennox furnace, but i’m Not sure if the furnace is lit. My heater is not heating up. The red light on the furnace is flashing 3 beats at a time
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: This is a brand new house with a brand new furnace
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: For tonight, yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I double checked the settings and increased it. It set at 78, but temp is still 70
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Something looks unplugged inside the removable paneling area
10/29/2017
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

HI I AM DAN I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. THE 3 FLASHES IS AN ERROR CODE SIGNALING THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG AND WILL PREVENT THE FURNACE FROM COMING ON. IF YOU COULD POST A PICTURE OF WHAT YOU THINK IS DISCONNECTED INSIDE I CAN HELP YOU WITH RECONNECTING IT.

thank you for that. you are correct those 2 white plugs should be connected, make sure the power is off to the furnace, connect those 2 plugs together and turn the furnace back on. then it should start up and light. let me know if that works or if you get another error

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
White to white and black to black?

yes the plug should only go together one way

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I have to wait for 5 minutes to drain the gas before lighting it?

no just turning it off and back on will be fine

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hear it going on! Steady red light in the furnace
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!

ok glad it worked for you. if you have any more questions about this please let me know and if you could rate my service by selecting one of the 5 stars on your page I would appreciate it. thank you for using this service

Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It didn’t work to bring the temp up. The thermostat is set to 77, but it’s still 69

IS THE FURNACE STILL RUNNING?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. The red light is flashing 7 times now. Sorry. The furnace is in the attic, and I fell asleep
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I fell asleep Downstairs.

OK CAN YOU PROVIDE ME WITH THE MODEL NUMBER OF THE FURNACE SO I CAN LOOK UP THE ERROR CODES

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where will the model number be? I searched for it earlier but unsuccessful locating it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I went through all the Lennox product pics, and looks like a Merit

it will be on the inside of the furnace on a sticker with a lot of other information.

this is a list of errors I get for that model. does the led flashing correspond to any of these

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not really. The red light looks like an alternating fast flash, but there’s no green light.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When it started last night I only saw the red light flashing slowly consistently.

ok next step is to turn the power of for 30 seconds and then back on and watch it stat up as it goes through te cycle watch to see when the error comes back and if the flame ever lights

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s a solid red light. No green

.

Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician