HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox furnace, but sure if the furnace is lit. My…

I have a Lennox...

I have a Lennox furnace, but i’m Not sure if the furnace is lit. My heater is not heating up. The red light on the furnace is flashing 3 beats at a time

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

This is a brand new house with a brand new furnace

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

For tonight, yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I double checked the settings and increased it. It set at 78, but temp is still 70

Ok.
Something looks unplugged inside the removable paneling area
10/29/2017
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

HI I AM DAN I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. THE 3 FLASHES IS AN ERROR CODE SIGNALING THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG AND WILL PREVENT THE FURNACE FROM COMING ON. IF YOU COULD POST A PICTURE OF WHAT YOU THINK IS DISCONNECTED INSIDE I CAN HELP YOU WITH RECONNECTING IT.

thank you for that. you are correct those 2 white plugs should be connected, make sure the power is off to the furnace, connect those 2 plugs together and turn the furnace back on. then it should start up and light. let me know if that works or if you get another error

White to white and black to black?

yes the plug should only go together one way

Do I have to wait for 5 minutes to drain the gas before lighting it?

no just turning it off and back on will be fine

I hear it going on! Steady red light in the furnace
Thank you!

ok glad it worked for you. if you have any more questions about this please let me know and if you could rate my service by selecting one of the 5 stars on your page I would appreciate it. thank you for using this service

Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
It didn’t work to bring the temp up. The thermostat is set to 77, but it’s still 69

IS THE FURNACE STILL RUNNING?

No. The red light is flashing 7 times now. Sorry. The furnace is in the attic, and I fell asleep
I fell asleep Downstairs.

OK CAN YOU PROVIDE ME WITH THE MODEL NUMBER OF THE FURNACE SO I CAN LOOK UP THE ERROR CODES

Where will the model number be? I searched for it earlier but unsuccessful locating it
I went through all the Lennox product pics, and looks like a Merit

it will be on the inside of the furnace on a sticker with a lot of other information.

this is a list of errors I get for that model. does the led flashing correspond to any of these

Not really. The red light looks like an alternating fast flash, but there’s no green light.
When it started last night I only saw the red light flashing slowly consistently.

ok next step is to turn the power of for 30 seconds and then back on and watch it stat up as it goes through te cycle watch to see when the error comes back and if the flame ever lights

It’s a solid red light. No green

.