HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Boiler is calling for HW but nothing is on? Cadet heating…

Customer Question
Hi - boiler...

Hi - boiler is calling for HW but nothing is on?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Cadet heating boiler

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermo is off - meaning not calling for heat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Trying if its easy enough and not required plumbing work

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Error code - b01 - setpoint met

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/26/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

I need the brand and actual model number of your boiler. Also do you have an indirect fired water heater?

Cadet model # CCN120yes, indirect.... I believe

So you have a separate hot water tank that circulates boiler water through an internal coil to heat the DHW?
There's a glitch with your account. If you want to talk contact customer service. Or we can continue here

It's DHW... I don't have separate hot water tankI updated CC on account.

Ok so you have a combi unit. Fixing this is not a DIY project

combi unit as DHW and also hotwater for heating..... yes...from the description of the problem - I can not T/S myself with your help? I need a plumber?

Yes you need a plumber who is familair with this unit. No way an untrained person can deal with this

OK.... Is it safe to leave unit on or should I turn off completely until I get plumber?

It's safe but I'd turn it off. No need to leave it on in this condition.

Heat not working now because hot wall call is superseding heat...
but hot water is working.... I guess I can turn on when I need hot water and turn off after... unitl plumber...correct?

Yes. But if HW is working then I'd wait and see if the heat works ok after the call for HW is complete. It may have just been a temporary glitch and not need any repairs. Besides if it's working there's no way to diagnose a problem

sorry - maybe I didn't do a good job explaining the problem....1. hot water is working.
2. boiler is calling for hot water when no facets are on.
3. because boiler is thinks it has a hot water call - it's not making heat for house as hot water call supersedes heat.
4. it's been about 2-3 hours and boiler still is displaying on the lcd that there is a hot water call.does that makes sense of my problem?

Ok, then yes just turn on when you need HW

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer