HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a 48gp-03609311. the gas line is open but it isn't

i have a 48gp-03609311. the...
i have a 48gp-03609311. the gas line is open but it isn't heating the air. it only runs A/C or fan
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: i checked the thermostat and it read "heat on" but only fans. regarding the filter, are you talking about the filter that is the intake from the house? or are there other filters
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I willing to give it a try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i don't think so
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/23/2017
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Do you have an error code on control board in unit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where do i find the control board?

Inside air handler.Give me model on air handler

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is a Carrier 48GP-03609311

Sorry that reply was for someone else. Your control board will be in the service panel.Let me see if I have a pic to show which panel

THanks.Rollouts will be just above burners and have a little red button in center.Push and see if one clicks and error goes awayhttps://i.imgur.com/CGkB9sa.jpg

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I pushed it but it it still flashing 7 times

There should be several at least to or three, Did you try all of them?

Turn power off and back on to unit and see if error still there.If so by pass the rollout by jumping the wires together.Looking at diagram may only be one with blue wires

Looking at diagram may only be one with blue wires.Turn power off and back on to unit and see if error still there.If so by pass the rollout by jumping the wires together

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It ignited and then shut off with two seconds after restarting. It is also still blinking 7 times. Instead of jumping the wires together, do you think installing a new roller would fix it?

It might but jumping would verify for sure before buying

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok. it started raining so i had to close up but I should be able to jump it and test

WE know what is causing issue now is the rollout.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks! You've been a great help. I'll probably do follow up tomorrow since it doesn't look like the rain is going to let up.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when the burner lights, the flames are actually hitting the rollout directly. Which is causing it to shut the gas off like its supposed to when it gets to hot

Flames should not be touching rollout.If the do we have a more serious issue.Do they touch immedialetly or only after blower starts?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They start immediately

Flames touch rollout immediately? Do you have a pc showing location of rollout and could it have bent bumped and moved?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But you can see in the bottom left corner of the first pic, where it is hitting the rollout

Flame should be no where near the roll out.It should only come out far end of burner and shoot into the chamber. I know you don't want to hear this but it is time to replace this furnace.If you have this much rust on burners heat exchanger is most likely shot

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yeah, I realized it might be a bigger problem when they were hitting the rollout. I really appreciate all the help you’ve been.

Wish it were better news but would rather have you spend money to replace than wake up dead.Glad it will not stay running if heat exchanger is bad as it would produce carbon monoxide and easily kill you.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician