HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Tappan oven 30-32234-23/01025-1402022. Oven will not light.

Tappan oven 30-32234-23/01025-1402022. Oven...

Tappan oven 30-32234-23/01025-1402022. Oven will not light. burneres are fine. when you turn on oven, a "pilot light" or something comes on, but oven burner will not ignite.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I put model and sn in first line. im guessing 30 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i think... im an engineer and used to diy. however, if there are special tools, etc. ill call a service person. theres a very good appliance parts store here in town and they usually have stuff. i think they have an igniter in stock if thats the problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where can i get a really good chocolate shake??? no really, i m just trying to figure out if this is an "easy fix" or if i need to call a professional.

10/23/2017
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

This is a common issue you just need a new oven ignitor, even if it is glowing it is not glowing bright enough to open the gas valve. Here is a video link of how to change it out if you think you can tackle it. If not a company will charge about 200 dollars to put one in for you.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving for my service. That will also allow you to come back to me right here anytime for as many FREE followup questions you have!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH