HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I am trying to install the Honeywell wifi thermostat but

unfortunetly I don't have a...
I am trying to install the Honeywell wifi thermostat but unfortunetly I don't have a c wire
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: old thermostat that don't run a common wire
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: was hoping but if I cant figure out the c wire I may not be able to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how do I do it without a c wire is my question
10/21/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can't do without the C wire. There are options but I need to know what you have for heating equipment and what termnals are connected on your existing thermostat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a heat cool system with an old white Rodgers thermostat with a four wire system colors black white green red hooked to rh jumped to ra
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
model of thermostat is 1e56w-309

Ok, The easiest way to solve your problem is to move the lead currently on G to C both at the thermostat and at the furnace terminal strip. Then install a jumper between Y & G at the furnace terminal strip. The blower will still function in either heat or cool modes but you will lose the option to turn the fan on manually at the thermostat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay thank you very much

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor