HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell Chomotherm III thermostat. The replace…

Customer Question
I have a Honeywell...

I have a Honeywell Chomotherm III thermostat. The replace battery message came on, so I replaced the batteries. The next day, the replace batteries message is back. I replaced the batteries again and the display came on for a few seconds, then reverted to the replace batteries message. Any advice?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think it is specific to the thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I am sitting here with the thermostat and a box of batteries.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/21/2017
HVAC Technician: HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
HvacmanSean
HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician
Good evening let me look into this for you. Hang tight for one second
Alright lets start off first by saying, this thermostat is a well know thermostat to have this issue which is sometimes just a issue internally and cannot be fixed, if its still running your equipment you should be fine, however in the field how to fix this issue is pull the batteries out for aboit 2-3 mins and let system completely reset, some times this requires your pulling off the wall to allow everything to turn off. Note that you will have to reset all programs after this step. Next step is your contacts for ehat touches each end of the battery, clean these the best you can with like a light sand paper or something to get any grit off. After that re install batteries and see if that solved it, like i said though if its controlling the equipment i would just let it go, i have about 20 i can think of off top of my head that display this and work just fine.Please let me know if you have any other questions and please be sure to give me a rating so i can be paid for helpingHave a good night