HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a ramsond 1250 mini split heat pump.when it is in a/c…

Customer Question
I have a ramsond...

I have a ramsond 1250 mini split heat pump.when it is in a/c mode it leaks water onto floor. I have checked the outside drain and there is no discharge of water. It has worked fine over the summer months. So I assume the drain is clogged. Problem being I can not access the upper portion of the drain. I've tried to open/remove the cover but no luck. How do I get to the top of the drain to see if there is a blockage there?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes I checked filters and they are clean. Settings are fine. I think that there is a blockage but I cant access top of drain to check. How do I access this

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, I'm faily mechanical. I just wonder if I'm missing the simple solution to opening this unit so that I can inspec.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/19/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Getting to the drain pan is a pretty complicated job on these units.You will have to remove the entire front cover.What is complete model on unit>I will see if I can find a manual to help see how to do.