HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We service a munchkin boiler at a residence and have been…

Customer Question
We service a munchkin...

We service a munchkin boiler at a residence and have been routinely cleaning the heat exchanger every three years. It has ssemed to be adequate but wondering if that is a good schedule?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Not related to the question I asked?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We are a licensed mechancial contractor in Washington State

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I asked a question about a munchkin boiler, is this a computer or a real person?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/19/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Please ignore the questions from the intake bot. Generally cleaning the heat exchanger every 2 or 3 years is sufficient. If you find the condition of the unit to be functional when you go for service every 3 years then I'd stick with that schedule.