HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Boiler furnace is working well and heating the home nicely…

Customer Question
Boiler furnace is working well...
Boiler furnace is working well and heating the home nicely but we run out of hot water after 15-20 minutes of showering. There is a boiler mate that I suspect is the issue but am not knowledgeable enough to fix this myself. Can you help?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/19/2017
HVAC Technician: Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
You should be able to raise the temperature of the stored water so it uses less when mixing the correct temperature
I have checked everything out and I think I may have the issue. I have a faucet in the kitchen (hot) that is very old and basically like opening the pipes. It has no restrictor. Could this just be draining the boilermate of hot water at a much higher rate than it can recover?

It could, but showers can also depending especially if they are pumped