HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

1)how to tell if my chimney liner is aluminum or stainless…

1)how to tell if my...
1)how to tell if my chimney liner is aluminum or stainless steel; (2)is stainless steel a requirement for gas heating in pa
10/19/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Aluminum is softer and a duller silver color. Aluminum is OK for gas not oil.

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
a house I bought did not pass level 2, and the guy said aluminum is old is not up to code (contradicts your statement). He also said that that I do have aluminum, that it's defective, and that I should install stainless steel, but that doesn't make sense because the heater and the lining looks like a new installation.
How can I confirm that I do have aluminum
Phone call session started
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor