HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Weil mclain boiler, and a nest thermostat. the

I have a Weil...

I have a Weil mclain boiler, and a nest thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The boiler is working fine for the distribution of hot water through out the house, bath, and radiant heat floors its an Ultra about 7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is working fine. but weather just gotr cold and tried to swith my thermostat from cold to heat

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The thermostat clicks but the the boiler does not ignit. i have three zones and have tried three thermostats, same issue

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/18/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Do you have zone valves (what brand?)? or a circulaotr/pump for each zone? Is this a problem with all zones or only 1?

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Hey Rick,I will give you the full backstory and then will run home to check which model I haveI have four heating zones, plus circulators for radiant floor heating and heating a driveway.The boiler is heating the water and distributingeach of my zones has an air handler to distributee the warm airI got nest thermostat in early 2016. they worked fine with my heat. then when the hot weather came, the air handler would turn on and off , I learned I needed to connect my C wires so the nest thermostat could get the power it needed as the AC took more power than the heating. got those connectedLast fall the system switched back and forth from cooling and heating no problemthis year as I turned the thermostat from cooling to heating, the thermostats work, they are "clicking" to the air handlers, work fine with AC, but they click then the boiler doesn't fire.a few weeks ago someone in my family was taking a bath and water wouldn't heat. I went to check the boiler and it had a red display. I found a reset and did a reset, then everything worked fine on all of the other boiler distributionI think there must be another reset that sits between the heating distribution and the thermostats?it is an Ultra , I think C series. I can drive home and be there in 30 mins or so to look up the exact model
Phone call session started