HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Hunter 42203-003 thermostat, I want to replace it…

Customer Question
I have a Hunter...

I have a Hunter 42203-003 thermostat, I want to replace it with a Nest Thermostat E, can it be done?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I want to update my thermostat t0 the Nest

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No not really,

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/18/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. You will need green wire for fan on Nest or it will give you a no G or fan wire connected. Russ

I wanted to know if the wiring for the Hunter thermostat will match the wiring diagram for the Nest thermostat? Are they compatible with each other?

Yes the wiring is compatable. Russ

Are you saying that the green wire will be the common wire for the Nest thermostat?

Blue is common . Green is G or fan. Russ

Looking on your thermostat. You have red ,yellow,white ,green. Yes use the green for Common on NestE. Russ

You will need yo attach the green to the C or common in your furnace. If you have an extra wire at thermostat you can connect that tho C on furnace. Russ

I understand the wiring now. Iam satisfied with your information and answers to my questions. Tnanks

I will open rate window. Thanks you ask the right questions. Most just go ahead and try to wire without any research. Good to plan a job. Thanks

Do you still need help. Russ

How is it operating. Russ