HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Hunter 42203-003 thermostat, I want to replace it

Customer Question
with a Nest Thermostat E...
I have a Hunter 42203-003 thermostat, I want to replace it with a Nest Thermostat E, can it be done?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I want to update my thermostat t0 the Nest
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No not really,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
10/18/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. You will need green wire for fan on Nest or it will give you a no G or fan wire connected. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wanted to know if the wiring for the Hunter thermostat will match the wiring diagram for the Nest thermostat? Are they compatible with each other?

Yes the wiring is compatable. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you saying that the green wire will be the common wire for the Nest thermostat?

Blue is common . Green is G or fan. Russ

Looking on your thermostat. You have red ,yellow,white ,green. Yes use the green for Common on NestE. Russ

You will need yo attach the green to the C or common in your furnace. If you have an extra wire at thermostat you can connect that tho C on furnace. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand the wiring now. Iam satisfied with your information and answers to my questions. Tnanks

I will open rate window. Thanks you ask the right questions. Most just go ahead and try to wire without any research. Good to plan a job. Thanks

Do you still need help. Russ

HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 28 days ago

How is it operating. Russ

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician