HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I turned my a.c. off earlier while running to let open the…

Customer Question
I turned my a.c. off...
I turned my a.c. off earlier while running to let open the front and back doors and let cool air in from outside while we were playimg outback. Now it's time for bed and I switch back on and I get flashing cool only....nothing else...I've reset thermostat and breakers...nothing....could it have messed up thermostat when I turned off somehow?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/18/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

May be in time delay.Give it five minutes and see if COOL turns solid and unit comes on

Been in delay for over 20 minutes...still flashing cool

OK thermostat should only flash cool for 5 minutes.Does it have batteries? What is model on stat?

It's a cheap bestech thermostat...I have changed batteries...reset thermostat....taken it off wall and reset completely....just flashes cool over 30 minutes now

Did you reset using a paper clip or something through hole in front

use a pin and I also removed from wall and let go blank with no batteries to fully reset, then reinstalled....done this twice already

Sounds like you may need to replace stat.Just turning off should not cause this.

If you need ac tonight,until you can get a new thermostat Connect the R Y and G wires together and let's make sure ac comes on and blows cold