HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I'm trying to relight a trance xl80 furnace. I have removed…

Customer Question
I'm trying to relight...

I'm trying to relight a trance xl80 furnace. I have removed the covers and turned off the gas.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

It is dirty but not filthy

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. Could a dirty filter put it out?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Could you walk me through the lighting process please?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/18/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 11 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

You do not light this unit it is an automatic ignition. There should be a red light that is flashing on the board in the unit that can tell you the error on the unit if it is not working. Check the flash pattern of that light and let me know what it is.