HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Carrier infinity 96 will not run. status code blinks three

Customer Question
long then three short. Summer...
carrier infinity 96 will not run. status code blinks three long then three short. Summer fan runs with the thermostat fully disconnected
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: new thermstat, since last night the prior thermostat went blank, no response to any input.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no a/c in this installation
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today. That is a code 33, which indicates an open limit or rollout switch. This would explain why the blower is running all the time. Can you open the burner access panel to the furnace?

HVAC Technician: michaelj-cssm,
 replied 1 month ago
michaelj-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/hvac/aqwmo-carrier-infinity-96-will-not-run-status-code-blinks-three.html Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i can open the panel
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I opened the burner panel, viewed the interiors of the burners to make sure there were no spider webs present. (I've seen that happen in other instances). It is spotlessly clean.
The error code (three long, three short blinks) persists. the Summer fan is running. I don't know if that's a related issue or not.
I'm 30 miles from a Carrier dealer to get parts. Would like to go there, make one trip, get the likely parts and install them today. The temps are in the 40's these days, so the house is quite cold.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my cell phone is(###) ###-####Please call me at your earliest convenience.
Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my email address is
***@******.***

Sorry for the delay - with the confusion with the email the system didn't alert me when you replied. Take a look inside the burner area for a switch similar to the one in the pic below (there may be more than one). Press the red button down on any of those switches you see and let me know if the system starts the ignition sequence.

Any luck resetting the switches?

Checking in again to see if you had any luck getting your system running.

Regan Land
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician