HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I get a flame that lasts for 5 mins and then it gores out..

Customer Question
I get a flame...

I get a flame that lasts for 5 mins and then it gores out.. I already replace the gas coils and checked for clogs in the vent. I ran it w/ out the exhaust hose and got the same result

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

1 week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

What is exact make and model of unit?

Whirlpool lgr7648kq1
I am not using the phone optionn

Thats ok,

now let me check

OK so thats a gas dryer, it is probably shutting down do to overheating. check the outlet on the outside for lint buildup.

I ran it w/out the hose on it and it still shut the flame down

There are temperature limit switchs inside unit around the combustion chamber and vent pasage. Now one of the may be defective.

and would need to be replaced.

how will I know? can I test them?

Live tests while unit running, and using a volt meter and knowledge of it is neccesery to resolve a issue like this.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Best regards

I noticed question is still open, if we are done please rate the 5 star rating, this way I will be credited for assisting you.

Best regards

Customer/p>