HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Kelvinator furnace keeps throwing a power problem code

(flashing green and red lights)...
My Kelvinator furnace keeps throwing a power problem code (flashing green and red lights). I pulled and checked the fuse and it was OK. When I re-installed the fuse it started up and ran for a couple of minutes and then throws the same code. I changed the fuse, but it continues to do the same thing. If I pull the fuse and put it back in the furnace will run for a minute or 2 and then stop. The furnace is about 5 years old.
10/15/2017
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

When that happens you actually just have a bad board. The board is thinking there is a power issue to the unit. Normally when that happens it is just a bad voltage reading chip on the board. Replace the board on the unit with the flashing lights on it and you will be good to go. You can double check the power to the unit, but I doubt that is causing this issue.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, I ordered a new board and it will be here tomorrow am. I will try that and get back to you. If all works out good, I will be sure to leave you a 5 star rating. I did check the power and everything looked good and it reset again and came on. It acted like it tried to fire up, but once the igniter would start glowing, the board would click after a moment or two and then the igniter would shut down. It does this a few times and then the no power lights would start flashing again. Does it still sound like the board?
Phone call session started

Yes bad board.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH