HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Chromotherm III programmable thermostat that now…

Customer Question
I have a Chromotherm...

I have a Chromotherm III programmable thermostat that now shows -AC and does not turn on the the air conditioner. I changed the three AAA batteries for new, but no luck.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Furnace filters?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can change those also but they are not old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The air conditioner is brand new and was working fine. The thermostat settings are unchanged. Suddenly not working and shows the error -AC

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/7/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

AC indicates we have no low voltage power from furnace.

Look for a float switch first in drain that may be blocked up breaking the circuit.If you have one, lift float and see if error goes away and system runs.We will go from here.

Could not find any such item. The drain is from the furnace is just a straight pvc white pipe and a black rubber/plastic hose.
Sorry I do not hear on the telephone.

OK remove panels on furnace and look on control board for a small 3 or 5 amp fuse and see if it is blown.

https://i.imgur.com/UxPpnn4.png

https://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png