HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Vissemann vitogas 50. It won't start/light. I

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a Vissemann vitogas 50. It won't start/light. I assume it has a electronic lighter, and when the thermostat is on (it was off for the summer) it triggers it to light the pilot. It is turned to ON, Thermostart is at 80, and electrical power is going to the boiler from the breaker.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Ignition of the Pilot

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not if it's to replace a part

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/6/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Does the igniter arc ? or does nothing happen when there is a call for heat?