HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have 78 low side 231 high side r22 is this due to over…

Customer Question
I have 78 low...

I have 78 low side 231 high side r22 is this due to over charge?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just charge the system after vacuum

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just installed a compressor

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

In coming air 73 deg, out 55 deg

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/6/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, yes the system is over charged, suction pressure with room at 73F should be 60 to 61 psig, and the suction line should be sweating all the way back to the compressor, but there should be no sweat on the compressor itself.

.

Rate this answer please, after that we can continue for up to 3 days, with unlimited training and coaching if you think you need it.

Use the 'finish and rate your expert link' it is near the top of your page, click on it.

I will hold the question open to you.

.

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... 56 years in this business. Last 20 consulting for major firms nationally. 98.4% satisfaction rating on Just Answer.

.

The companies phone call offers are optional.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer