HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox G51MP-036 furnace - kids turned on the heat…

Customer Question
Hello - I have a...
Hello - I have a Lennox G51MP-036 furnace - kids turned on the heat at the thermostat but the gas was off - I didn’t notice for a few hours - when I did I shut the thermostat off. I turned the gas on and the thermostat back on heat and nothing - the led indicators were flashing fast and alternating- guide said that meant the igniter was bad - I got a new one and replaced it -no change - any ideas?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/5/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What are you getting for a flash sequence?

Alternating fast flashes - left light is red the right is green

Turn the power off to the unit wait a minute then turn it back on. Tell me what happens. Does the draft fan run? does the igniter glow? do the burners fire up? then go out? stay lit?

Draft fan did not come on and the igniter did not glow

Ok if the draft fan doesn't run nothing happens. do you still have lit LEd(s) on the board (don't remove the blower panel)?

still alternating fast

You could have a bad board. The error should have cleared when you shut it down. Could also be a bad fan motor.