HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a new thermostat It is a honeywell 8530, I think. The…

Customer Question
Hi I have...

Hi I have a new thermostat It is a honeywell 8530, I think

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes. It is a honeywell with a green screen. I had an electrician install the wiring. when I put the front of the unit onto the mounting on the wall, the green screen comes on, but then after a few seconds, or after I touch it it goes off, like it is re-booting the system The number of seconds varies from time to time, but it keeps re-booting--that is, the green screen goes blank, and then goes back on again after a few seconds

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/4/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

If you ull it off the back plate, does it work? ( with good batteries in place)

This response cost me $23? I would like a refund.

Is the problem resolved?

No. Problem was not resolved

If you pull thethermostat off the back plate, does it work? ( with good batteries in place)