HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am trying to get a pilot and Thermocouple for a 1999

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to get a pilot and Thermocouple for a 1999 Burnham boiler serial number 64260901. Went to Webb in Brockton and the salesman looked it up and never got back to me...must be to small an order....I believe the part numbers are(###) ###-####and(###) ###-####...can you help me out

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Only a short time a few days but heating season is coming and my boiler is down...quite sure I will not hear back...tough for me to get out of work and go over there in time...I got these numbers out of my owners manual

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes for sure...the thermocouple was replaced last year by my plumber... so when I checked it this year I saw the threads were stripped and the pilot was bent....so best to replace both....

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i'm very handy project super/ carpenter....my son will assist he is licensed pipe fitter...quite sure I can do this...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes I need the parts

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/4/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You don't have to use an OEM part. There are several universal Honeywell pilot burner configs. I'm sure one will work in this application. I've installed and serviced Burnham for over 40 years.

You just have to match the type of pilot flame with the type you have. If you can post a pic of what you have I can look up the Honeywell replacement. But not tonight, I'm logging off soon. Click on the link below for info on posting pics here
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Do you have more questions?