HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell model RTH221B1021A that has been shut off…

Customer Question
I have a Honeywell...

I have a Honeywell model RTH221B1021A that has been shut off for the past 8 months. When I turned it back on, the temp setting will not go above 32degrees and the blower does not come on . The furnace will run. I would like to set the temp at 55 degrees, and simply increase the temp when it is needed. can you help me , I cannot locate my manual. Thanks

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

They look good.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cannot think of anything, other than another person was trying to turn it on and possibly scaambled the programming

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/4/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 10 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy.

Click the link below and tell me if it is your thermostat

CLICK HERE

it's mine

Thank you....do the burners come on in the furnace? But the blower never engages to blow heat into home?

it looks lik i'm getting into a real scam. yes the burners come on but the blower does not.

if the burners come on but not the blower it is not a thermostat issue.

The blower is turned on in the furnace...not by the thermostat in heat mode.

Your furnace is likely overheating and then shutting down...Are you willing to go further into furnace?

And if you are uncomfortable with the site I can close at any time...I am just a tech who does this part time after my regular job

Now you ******erds can send it in english

Pages 1-21 are in english..I am looking at the manual I sent you now.

Have you seen the first 20 pages?

no I Don't want a phone call unless you are going to call me with the answer to my question without nickel and diming me to death.

I do not know if you are getting my responses..

I cannot call..I am not configured for phone contact currently.

I already let you know that the thermostat is NOT the issue. If the burner kicks on the thermostat is doing its job...the blower in heat mode is turned on in the furnace...NOT the thermostat.

The issue you have is inside the furnace with a circuit board, blower relay or motor.

If you set the fan switch from auto to on...does the blower kick on?

no the blower does not kick on, plus I cannot raise the temp setting above 32 degrees.

You may have a twofold issue...

The temp setting not going above 32 would be thermostat related....but you say the burners kick on.....but the blower never does.

Does this unit have air condition also just a furnace only?

furnace only,no AC

Thank you,

do you know what type/model furnace you have?

It's a natural gas fired furnace. I don't have the Manufacturer available at this time.

I understand.

Well in a nut shell...the thermostat may be an issue....but it is definitely not related to the blower coming on.

This is a sitaution where it must be decided if the blower is getting power but not running (bad motor)

OR...the motor is not being asked to run (bad circuit board or blower relay)

Billy