HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

All right ... my furnace heater is not working brand and…

Customer Question
All right ... my...

All right ... my furnace heater is not working Bryant brand and there is a code on it ... like 33 and I am suspecting the board failure The label on the board is ... HK42FZ009 1012-940-L

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Hmm you mean .... the filter can cause this issue alone? I think I removed it ... and the problem was still there

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yeah

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope ...that's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/4/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 10 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

This is likely a thermal rollout issue. There are high limit safety thermostats that are around the burner housing area that can trip open if they fail or the unit is overheating. Some of these have reset buttons on them that you can manually press down to reset while others do not. The ones that do not either are one time limits or are limits that are suppose to manually reset when cooled down. Now that does not always happen when they go bad so you will have to check them for continuity with an ohm meter across the two leads going to them. If you do not pwn a ohm meter you can physically bypass each rollout to make sure it is good by connecting the two wires to each rollout sensor together to see if the unit will then operate. Now once you have found the bad one you can change it out or reset it and then you should check your furnace filter for blockages and make sure you main furnace blower is running to speed. These two things can cause a unit to overheat and trip one of these rollout sensors. Mosts units have 3 of these devices and here is a link to what they can look like on your unit.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

Here is a helpful video to see if you can locate the bad tripped limit on the unit.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

I just did this ... I only found one safety switch, and pulled the wires from it, so that the wires would be together, via a thin metal wire. The code 33 was still showing after I started the furnace. What's the next step?
Just to let you know, the cold air was blowing while the code 33 was blinking. There was no change.
Any answer???
I can’t use phone calls as I am not able to hear on the phone so detailed response is appreciated