HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Removed mercury thermostat Honeywell 9547 or CW250 trying to…

Customer Question
Removed mercury thermostat Honeywell...

Removed mercury thermostat Honeywell 9547 or CW250 trying to replace it with Honeywell thermostat RTH2300B. My furnace has two wires one red and with black dots and one black. where do these wires hook up on new thermostat. My furnace only has on off to turn burner on for heat. The summer fan switch is a manual switch on the furnace. The new thermostat has a lot of wires and I only want to hook up the off on portion. The furnace has ITT Controls. The model is DAY & NIGHT MODEL # IS GONE.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

THE Thermostat is not wired up yet. The filter on the furnace is cleaned and ready for operation. Is this what you mean. I need to know what wire gets hooked up to what. for example what is the hot wire on the thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well the furnace is old and we have had it working with a mercury thermostat just fine. But it is hard to read so we wanted to replace.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Red to R and black to W