HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

One of my AC's is not cooling. Since yesterday night - I…

Customer Question
One of my AC's...

One of my AC's is not cooling

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since yesterday night - I checked and reset breakers - all good - checked thermostats - all good - the fan is turning on and off -

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Don't know - thermostats are good and working properly I replaced brand new thermostats today - and the same problem when i go the outside - the fans are blowing but on one unit which is cooling i feel hot air coming out of the fans outside but on the unit that is not working i feel cool air coming out of the fans

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is simple i can try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The insulated tube from the outside unit on the unit that is working is cold - while ont he unit that is not cooling is not cold

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/3/2017
HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today. First, we will need to determine if the compressor inside the outdoor unit is coming on with the fan. Would you be able to turn the power to the unit off and feel the compressor to see if it's warm/hot to the touch?