HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Condensate pump for a-c in split system ran continuously and…

Customer Question
Condensate pump for a-c...

Condensate pump for a-c in split system ran continuously and now Lennox furnace Model GS18Q314E-100-5 will not come on.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

I changed the furnace air filter in July.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just trouble shoot.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/3/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 10 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, is the condensate pump sump dry or is it completely full of water, if its completely full it may be the type with a float switch that shuts off the AC when its full

Look into that, we can go from there

Condensate pump is completely dry. I forgot to mention that Honeywell emailed me earlier in the morning and told me the furnace was not communicating with the thermostat, which shows nothing, just a black screen. When we found that the noise we heard was the condensate pump continuously running , we pulled the plug on it. The furnace will not come on.

Thanks, ***** ***** of course is with the thermostat, OR the printed circuit board it is connected to inside the furnace....not at all an easy diagnosis.

.

A technician would simply attach a known good thermostat, and if that allowed the system to work would replace your thermostat.. if that failed he would replace the printed circuit board inside the furnace/air handler.

(after checking to make sure all of the wire connections were correct and that the 3 amp fuse in the printed circuit was not blown etc.)

.

Its time to locate the 'Finish and Rate your expert' link to close the question.... unless you would like me to coach you on a deeper diagnosis using a multi meter, that will take a few hours, there is no additional charge...

In that case you would also need to rate my work so far positively so that I do not loose my shirt going the extra mile for you on this.