HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My remote does not work properly on my fireplace, I can

Customer Question
My remote does not...

My remote does not work properly on my fireplace, I can start the FP manually and turn it off. The thermostat remote does not work at all. I have replaced batteries in both the remote and control box. The control box also does not work correctly, When I switch it off from the control box it does not work. The only way to turn it off is by manually hitting the red off button

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Remote/termostst

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I think so, seems Easy, I have pulled the remote control box

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/2/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 10 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

C​an you provide a make, model, and year of the fireplace and upload a few photos? I will see what I can find for a solution.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,

Dave