HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Weil McLain furnance run on natural gas. I have…

Customer Question
I have a Weil...

I have a Weil McLain furnance run on natural gas. I have never had it looked at and just pray that it will come on each year which it has for many years. Should I have it looked at or just count on more good service out of it? I can't remember what company installed it long ago.... Ellen

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

I have never checked the filters. I don't believe there are any.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I am disabled and need to know of a company in my area that is reliable and reasonably priced.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have kept up with instructions to oil the motor twice a year. I live in Chevy Chase, MD and must have originally used some company near by.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/2/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Yes you should have it checked out. It sholud be done at least every couple years. Best to do it now before the plumbers in your area get real busy once the cold weather hits. Go to HomeAdvisor.com come and fill out a service request and they will refer you to qualified insured plumbers in your area that have real feedback on the HomeAdvisor.com site.