HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I am looking for a evaporator coil assy model number

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for a evaporator coil assy model number G/HC030SA FOR CENTRAL ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For the last month or so it is leaking water like the coil or drain pan is rusted

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

If it is left running for any amout of time the floor get soaking wet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes along with someone that has ac experince

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This was a add on after the furnace was installed

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, that exact evaporator coil is no longer available. However it is generally not much trouble to retrofit another evaporator coil brand and coil box and make any minor sheet metal adapters necessary to make it work.

click here for an example

If you are going to have it installed by an HVAC contractor they can select the closest fit for size and refrigerant type etc and then install it for you....If you buy it directly then they are not responsible for it, and that is not ideal, Better you should let the installer select the coil for you and make his mark up on it.

.

Take a few photo's of the furnace and cooling coil from about 10 feet away so that I can see the whole thing..I will write a specification for you. You can attach the photos here using the 'add files' link next to your send button.

.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer