HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat (honeywell th2210d1007) has been acting

Customer Question
My thermostat (honeywell th2210d1007)...

My thermostat (honeywell th2210d1007) has been acting strange the last few days; the temperature jumps around from 77 to 83 in a matter of seconds. I took the cover off and replaced corroded batteries. Now when I put the cover back on the digits are flashing quickly and it's not working.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Specific

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Now the screen is blank,but the fan On does work

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a way for me to troubleshoot it?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/2/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. On that thermostat when it starts to blink in and out or jump temperature its going bad. If you replace batteries and they were corroded chances are thermostat is bad. There is no reset on this thermostat. If you need cooling I can walk you thru a procedure to get it to work. What do you have heat pump or gas heat. Russ

Still need help; Russs

It's working again for now. I'll replace if there are future problems. Thanks

No problem .. Thanks