HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

It went off for no reason. The monitoring station says it…

Customer Question
It went off for...

It went off for no reason. The monitoring station says it might be a low battery, but I can't see a battery that I recognize inside

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is about 10 years old. It is an Ademco I am looking for the model number right now. I found the following: K4391V4 and (below that) M6981

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just this afternoon. It started ringing. I managed to stop that, but the numbers 12 and 13 come up on the display one after each other. The monitoring station called me and suggested it might be the battery. It is also hard wired.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

I suppose, if we can't fix the problem, then I need to know how to disconnect it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/1/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 10 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, is this an air conditioning system or a home security system... let me know so I can get you to the right expert

It is home security system.
Hi Phil ... I have managed to disconnect the system and will call a live technician tomorrow. Thanks anyway

Good work!