HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Trane xl80 wont ignite even after cleaning heat sensor,

Customer Question
Trane xl80 wont ignite...

Trane xl80 wont ignite even after cleaning heat sensor

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Which filters?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if its extremely simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How do i check thermostat settings

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/1/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 10 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, click here please, if that look likes your furnace, see page 21. 'gas valve' make sure the gas valve ON/OFF switch is on.

.

Note:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... 56 years in this business. Last 20 consulting for major firms nationally. 98.4% satisfaction rating on Just Answer.

.

Attach a close up. *exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door … and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions, then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

The companies phone call offers are optional.