HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell vr8300a4598 gas pilot valve that was

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Honeywell vr8300a4598 gas pilot valve that was installed last year. I turned the pilot off for the season and when I tried to light the pilot by holding the red button down, it will not let gas flow to the pilot flame. The valve makes a faint buzzing sound when powered up. The voltage going to the valve is 26.5 volts. The old valve that I replaced did the same thing and was only two years old. Do I need another valve? If yes is there a better replacement

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I just tried to,light the valve 10 mins ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
10/1/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Disconnect the pilot tubing at thebgas valve then push the button that you hold down to light it. Do you smell gas where the pilot tubing connects to the gas valve?