HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My beckett oil burner is out, started today I replaced the

Customer Question
My beckett oil burner is...
My beckett oil burner is out
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: started today I replaced the nozzle and filter for the heck of it all looked good
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the green light is flashing I reset it but still won't run and light comes back on
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 3 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What are the electrode settings?

no If I have to know all these details about electrodes just forget it

The electrodes have to be set to the proper specs. If they aren't the fuel won't ignite. Most Beckett burners are 1/8" apart, 1/16" ahead of the face of the nozzle and 5/16" above the centerline of the nozzle.

Electrodes are iN the same place they weee always at. Here is problem. I have fuel coming out of bleed valve. I can turn the burner on and stays on for around 10 seconds before shutting off again. With the bleed screw open , it flies out real good. However. , I open the door, I see no fuel in the chamber. I had put in a new nozzle, does that mean there isnt enough pressure to be forced through nozzle, looks to be same pressure through bleed valve as always. I was going to go buy a new transformer, but I think it's fuel related since nothing g in the chamber after 3 starts (then lockout)

If you have fuel at the bleeder on the pump but nothing out of a new nozzle then you need to check the pump screen. It may be clogged. Don't take it apart until you have a new gasket at least but just replacing the screen is the best option. A new screen will come with a gasket. BTW, just because " Electrodes are iN the same place they were always at." doesn't mean they are in the right place or that the electrode tips haven't worn putting them out of spec. Just noticed a typo on above electrode specs. They should be 7/16" (not 5/16") above center

Replaced the whole unit. Can't take forever to fix it. Done

Ok

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer