HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have Honeywell vision Pro red link thermostat I cannot…

Customer Question
I have Honeywell vision...

I have Honeywell vision Pro red link thermostat I cannot understand why when it is set at 70° it only comes on every 10 minutes or so for about five minutes and climb is just 1° an hour

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I am quite certain it's related just to the thermostat which blew a fuse recently and was fixed yesterday with new fuse But the temperature just won't rise at a reasonable rate It was 63 when I woke up at 7 AM and now at almost 10 AM it's only 64° although it is set at 70 It just says wait all the time and I have it on non-programmable setting

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It just says wait all the time and I have it on non-programmable setting

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This is a vacation rental house that I own so I keep it on non-programmable so it is simple for renters to push up or down arrows for temperature and not using energy when vacant except to keep at low temp so it is simple for renters to push up or down arrows for temperature and not using energy when vacant except to keep at low temp

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today.Are you at the home now? Do you have gas or electric heat? If electric, it is straight electric or a heat pump?

I have electric heat pump in a hybrid system backed up by propane
This is a house in the mountains and I want the thermostat to remain manual for simple operation by vacation renters
Also I assume this call at this cost will come through soon as I have to leave

It shows payment failure - You can go to your profile to update credit card info and try to do the phone call again. I'll be ready to call as soon as everything is updated and you request a call again.

No thanks this is just way way too hard and annoying Actually glad the payment didn't go through

No worries - The good thing would be that we could likely get this fixed for $36 instead of you possibly having to pay hundreds to an HVAC company. If you decide to continue then let me know.

I took the time for all that credit card info and verification and never got through never got a phone call but did get some lawyer who wanted to know what my legal problem was with just answer . I want this fixed but I am so pissed right now it just isn't worth it

Wow, that is strange for sure - Not sure what happened there. Sorry for the issues you've had. I hope your system doesn't have a major issue and that the repairs are quick and inexpensive for you.

Thanks but so far it's cost me two hours of trying to deal with you guys and I'm lucky it didn't cost me the money that I thought I was signing up for This is just way too impersonal and difficult

Sorry again - you're case isn't typical. I will say it's much easier on a computer than on a phone (not sure what you're using). I hope you will give us a shot again in the future should you need assistance again. I hope you have a great day.