HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Prestige solo 110 boiler that gets the E 02

Customer Question
I have a Prestige...

I have a Prestige solo 110 boiler that gets the E 02 lockout. In the past I have had the small explosion noise, but I haven't noticed that in some time. Do I need a new igniter, is there a kit to fix this, and do you have names of good technicians in the Boston area? Thank you.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, it happened again this morning, and I work all day and have a parrot, so the heat can't go out. I have supplemented with electric just in case in the past few winters. It does not happen every day, but I am nervous that that may someday be the case. This apparently is a common problem so I assume you guys know the answer. Thx!

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

It is a boiler, not air unit

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you've had "explosions" that's an indication of delayed ignition. The fix is usully to clean the burners. This is something best left to a trained technician. I'm sorry but I can't make a direct referral. You could try a referral service Like HomeAdvisor.com or Angie's list. There is no cost to you for these referral services.Be sure to mention the brand and model of your boiler when you fill ut your service request.

Ok

Do you have more questions?

No thank you

You're welcome