HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Furnace will not stay lit once ignited. New one installed.

Customer Question
Furnace will not stay...

Furnace will not stay lit once ignited

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

New one installed

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is it the thermo cupler

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What is the brand and model of your unit?

heil model nugk080ag01

Does the pilot ignite then go out? The specs I'm looking a for this unit indicate electronic ignition not a standing (lit all the time) pilot.

It's a electronic ignition

You didn't answe my other question. Does the pilot ignite then go out?

it lights then goes out

Most likely culprit is a dirty or bad flame sensor. If your unit as spark ignition then the spark electrode doubles as the flame sensor. If it has hot surface ignition (glow plug) then the flame sensor is separate. In either case you can try cleaning it off carefully using fine sand paper.

Yes to what?