HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My oil burner was out of oil for a week. I need to bleed the…

Customer Question
My oil burner was...

My oil burner was out of oil for a week. I need to bleed the fuel line. When I got home yesterday my son had pushed the reser twice so I only got 1 try to bleed it and did not get oil out of the line.The light on the reset stayed on and I was Locked out. I held the reset down for 20 seconds and the light shut off, now I can't restart the unit to try to bleed it.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

It is a hot water heater too so it should be getting a demand.The filters were just cleaned a few month ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its a becket 1705 contro;

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I'm assuming you have a 7505 control since there is no 1705 Beckett ignito control. Try turning the power off to the unit, wait a minute then turn the power back on the hold the reset button down for 15+ seconds if the burner doesn't fire up.