HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Our trane thermostat was blank this morning and we can't get…

Customer Question
Our trane thermostat was...

Our trane thermostat was blank this morning and we can't get it to go back on. Yesterday, although we had a display, the ac wasn't working properly. The unit was running, but even set at 65, the inside temp was at 76.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I honestly don't know. We had the display go out this summer, but we flipped the switch in the furnace room off and then on again and that fixed the problem. Needless to say, that did not work today.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That is our hope

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, we just need suggestions on what else we might try to get the display back

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
Is someone responding?
Hello??????
Never mind. Left the switch off for a few hours and now the display went back on.
CANCEL PLEASE
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today. I'm happy that the display came on, but I'm worried you may still have a problem since the AC wasn't working then the display was off. Can you verify that the outdoor unit runs when the thermostat calls for cool? If everything is working okay and is cooling then I will request a refund of your deposit for you.

I did check that the outside unit was running, so I'm not sure why it wasn't cooling. However, at the moment, everything appears to be resolved.

Okay, no problem. Please let us know if you have any future issues and we'll be happy to help.