HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I'm getting error code 12 & the heater is not starting. It's…

Customer Question
I'm getting error code...

I'm getting error code 12 & the heater is not starting

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

It's 3 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes please as it's 10:40pm here now and it's cold

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not sure

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
How long will this take?
9/29/2017
HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 11 months ago
Michael Ferryman

The responses are base on what Techs are online and can take anywhere from an hour to a couple days to get a suitable answer. Can you please tell me the specifics of your heater. Primarily the type if heater gas electric and so on.

HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 11 months ago

well if its gas error code 12 usually can be fixed by cleaning the flame sensor, its a small piece of metal usually with a wire off it located in the path of the flame. Shine this up and you should be in good shape

HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 11 months ago
Did you need any further assistance with this? If not can you give me a 5 star rating. Would really help me out. Thanks so much.