HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The blower keeps running and wont shut off after the burners…

Customer Question
The blower keeps running...

The blower keeps running and wont shut off after the burners go off

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This last sunday was cold and the furnace came on for the first time since last spring, so just a few days

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes, I replaced it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was if it was a simple fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The furnace is a guf 140d and was installed in 1974

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 10 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy.

With this old of a furnace it could have different parts than original.

Can you tell me if there is a fan dial box with a round dial with numbers on it above burner area?

There is no round dial with numbers, just the gas valve and a relay

there has to be a heat activated switch that turns on the blower.

Can you post a picture of the furnace for me and I will draw direction

I don't have that capability

Ok let me look up a parts list and see if I can show what I am looking for..

ok, the fan switch for your unit is shown at the link in blue...Click here

It is a silver rectangle box...when the cover comes off you will see the dial I was talking about....do you see the part I have shown at the link?