HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Trying to find out the model # for the compressor on a Tran…

Customer Question
Trying to find out...

Trying to find out the model # for the compressor on a Tran @TTB3060A1000C

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have someone to do it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Looking for a replacement unit..my current one works fine but it loud...so I am trying to find the cheapest way to replace to keep the neighbors happy

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/26/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 10 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, there are many ways to approach this, if you just want to buy a new compressor for that unit from a Trane parts wholesaler, all you need is the unit model number and you already have that... they have gigabites of cross references, that works best.... and it takes seconds.

.

If you wanted to order the compressor by part number. that is stamped to a metal plate tack welded to the compressor.... some dealers will sell you by the part number alone, most will want the model number of your unit, since that is how they cross reference these parts.

.

If you want to dig through the compressor model number from their catalog, click here, 984 pages... and the model number listed might be different than their latest replacement compressor for that model of unit that you have.

.

Are you going to put the compressor in by yourself? If so I can advise you on equipment needed and skills, start by telling all about that aspect.

Let me know how you would like to proceed, we can go from there without any time limits

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.. and with over 8,000 questions answered here since 2009, with a 98.5% satisfaction rating.

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.

The cheapest way is to buy a generic compressor on ebay, rated for 208/230 volt, single phase, 60 cycle power, and refrigerant 22, air conditioner application, and 5 nominal tons of cooling capacity. Techumseh or Copeland brand and then pipe it to fit the unit, that will save you a few hundred dollars if not more. but it will take some skill to install.

If you want me to take a few hours to find one for you rate my work so far positively.

We can go from there