HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a air conditioner model PLSI32AR INU runs for 5

Customer Question
I have a air...

I have a air conditioner model PLSI32AR INU runs for 5 minutes and then shows F5 fault code on LCD display.

Contractor's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

Air conditioner runs for 5 minutes in cool mode. Out door unit shuts down after 5minutes and indoor unit runs and displays F5.

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

Not that I am aware of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/26/2017
HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 8 months ago
Michael Ferryman

I have done a search and cannot find what the F5 code specifically means. I can help you trouble shoot if you are interested... If your unit is running for a couple min then shuts down that sounds like its tripping on a safety or overload. Most the time this will be a dirty air filter, or your outdoor coil is dirty. Another common cause of this would be that your outdoor fan is not working properly or perhaps your unit is low on a charge.

HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 7 months ago
Did you still need assistance?
HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 7 months ago

don't forget to rate, thanks for choosing just answer

Michael Ferryman
Michael Ferryman
Michael Ferryman