HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My newly installed 15,000BUT Mr. Slim is weeping water from…

Customer Question
My newly installed 15,000BUT...

My newly installed 15,000BUT Mr. Slim is weeping water from the supply vents... help

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Started 45 min. after installation...fan was on low, so after reading some testimonies , I sped the fan up, water stopped for a couple of hours, but now is back.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope... the drain lines are clear and sloped

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/26/2017
HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 10 months ago
Michael Ferryman

if your getting water from the supply vents you are likely not moving enough air. is there a chance you are blocking the return air or supply air from free movement? The reason moisture is created there is because your discharge air temp is lower than the dew point for your conditioned space. If the humidity is extremely high and the room is extremely warm this can also cause this to happen.

HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 10 months ago

were you able to get this issue resolved?

Wasn't the problem. Thanks snyway
HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 10 months ago

was it an issue with your condensate pan drain?

HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 10 months ago

Please don't forget to rate, we get paid based on ratings. cheers

HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 10 months ago
Did you need any further help with this? If not can you give me a 5 star rating. Would really help me out. Thanks so much.