HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have 2 Hive series ceiling mount fans. both are programed…

Customer Question
Have 2 Hive series...

Have 2 Hive series ceiling mount fans. both are programed correctly to the remote. 1 of them stopped working completely no fan and no light. I've checked to make sure electricity is getting to the fan and both fans are programmed correctly to the remote. Is there some part that may need to be replaced internally?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Fan stopped working over a year ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/26/2017
HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 10 months ago
Michael Ferryman

For this you will need to trace your voltage until you find where you are loosing it. Verify voltage at the light socket on the fan if yo have none go to the next location. Where do the wires from the light socket lead to, likely an internal switch or control board. Check for voltage at that location. if you get nothing there you will need to continue on your path. Eventually you will find you short. it can be a pain to locate the issue this way but super gratifying when you find it. More often than not on these its the board that goes, if your lucky its fused and for some reason that went hopefully a surge or short.

HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 10 months ago

Were you able to get your issue resolved?

HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 10 months ago
Did you still need my help? If not can you give me a 5 star rating. Would really help me out. Thanks so much.