HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How do I increase the flame on my lennox gas fireplace. Not…

Customer Question
How do I increase...

How do I increase the flame on my lennox gas fireplace

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Not sure. I just purchased the house. There are ventilators top and bottom. The serial number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Preferred if its simple to adjust

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. There is flame, just not perceivable

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/26/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 9 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

T​here are a couple of ways to increase the flame. The 1st way is to make sure the gas pressure is sufficient through the gas valve and then into the burners. If the pressure is sufficient then the weak flame will be either the gas valve output pressure, or the burner assembly. make sure there are no other shut off valves in line that might be restricting the flow of gas. I highly recommend contacting a qualified plumber or appliance service provider if you are not sure how to troubleshoot and test/repair gas appliances for safety reasons.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question.

All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question, if you believe it has relevance on this issue. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?